Frank & Co (revised 2019)
Complaints Handling Policy (reviewed 2019).
We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients.
If you are not happy with our service we need you to tell us about it so that we can do our best to resolve your problem.
In the first instance and before making a formal complaint please contact us to discuss your concerns and we will try to resolve them at this stage.
If you want to make a formal complaint, then please mark the complaint for the attention of our client care partner, Suzan Frank, and post it to her at 253 Watling Street Radlett Hertfordshire WD7 7AL.
Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.
When making the complaint please confirm whether you prefer the matter to be dealt with by email or post and confirm the address to which all correspondence should be sent.
We deal with all complaints promptly, fairly and free of charge.
If you have a disability that might make it difficult for you to follow our complaints procedure then do please let us know at the outset - we will try to accommodate you within our reasonable means.
What will happen next:-
• Our client care partner will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 3 working days of receiving the written complaint, and enclose a copy of this policy.
• Your complaint will then be investigated by this firm.
• A separate file of your complaint will be opened and recorded in a central register.
• You will be invited to a meeting at our offices to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint.
• Our client care partner will write to you following the meeting confirming what took place and what was agreed to try and resolve your complaint.
• If you inform us that you are unable or unwilling to have a meeting then our client care partner will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint including ways to resolve the complaint.
• If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our investigation of your complaint and our suggested solutions to resolving your complaint then please inform us in writing. Our client care partner will then write to you setting out our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
What do to if we cannot resolve your complaint through our internal complaints process?
• The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) can help you if you are concerned about behaviour. You can raise your concerns with the SRA https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/consumers.page
• The Legal Ombudsman -They will look at your complaint independently. Before accepting a complaint for investigation, The Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you can take your complaint to The Legal Ombudsman:-
Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and no more than six years from the date of act/omission; or no more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
PO Box 6806
Telephone: 0300 555 0333
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Alternative complaints bodies such as Ombudsman Services Website www.ombudsman-services.org exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme.
• This website and its contents are the copyright of Frank & Co Solicitors (hereinafter referred to as “Frank & Co”).
• Any distribution or reproduction (whether in print or electronic form) of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without express written consent of a partner of Frank & Co.
• You can access this site from our Homepage and browse our site without disclosing personal data. If you make an enquiry with us then the personal data submitted will be used for the purpose of providing legal services that you have requested and for other legal services that you may request.
• We ask you to advise us of any changes to the personal data that you have provided in order that our records are kept up to date.
• You can request a copy of the personal data we are holding about you upon proof of identity and payment of the statutory fee (if any) current at the time of the request.
• Any disputes relating to this policy and this website will be under the jurisdiction of the law of England and Wales and will only be decided by a court in England and Wales.
Service of Documents:
• Frank & Co do not accept service of documents by email or facsimile.
• No links to this website may be created without Frank & Co Solicitors written permission.
• Where our website contains links to other websites (if any) or resources (if any) these are provided for information purposes only and we accept no responsibility for their accuracy or for any loss or damage that may arise from your direct or indirect use of them.
• We shall not be liable for any web images or information linked or links to this website. We do not necessarily endorse views (if any) expressed in them.
• For greater efficiency Frank & Co communicates both internally and externally by sending email.
• If you do not consent to the transfer of your personal data, information and case information by email in the course of Frank & Co providing legal services to you then you must inform us at the outset.
• Whilst Frank & Co take precautions to ensure the security of your personal data and information under the control of this firm. Frank & Co does not warrant, guarantee or undertake that any message sent to or from you will be secure or will not be intercepted and read - in particular by unauthorised access. You are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards.
• The material published on this website is purely for general information purposes only. We try to ensure the accuracy of the content of this website but we cannot warrant that the information is current, complete or accurate. We accept no liability in respect of any use you may have for the information.
• We reserve the right to remove this website at any time.
• We cannot ensure and no liability is accepted for security, bugs/viruses and other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards when accessing this site.
• Visitors to this website must not use the website in any way which is unlawful, illegal or harmful. We accept no responsibility for any loss or harm howsoever incurred
• All warranties, express or implied, statutory or otherwise are hereby excluded. We will not be liable for any kind of damages howsoever arising out of or related to the use of this website including any liability you may have to a third party even if we have been advised of the possibility of such loss.
• We cannot control the availability and reliability of this website or any part of it. We will not be held liable for any faults that may be encountered by the viewer when accessing this website. If you encounter any faults then contact us by telephone: 020 7224 3837
• The following does not give rise to a solicitor/client relationship: (i) The placing of information on this website;(ii) the accessing of information from this website; and (iii) using the email facility (if any) on this website.
• These conditions and all matters relating to this website and its contents shall be governed and interpreted by and in accordance with English Law.
• Frank & Co Solicitors is a firm of English solicitors. (VAT Registration Number: 710 2493 72). We are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA number 271208) http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/consumers.page.
Client Identification and Anti Money Laundering:
• We are required to identify our clients for the purposes of the UK anti-money laundering legislation.
• We will request from you and retain such information and documentation as we require for these purposes and will instruct an agent to undertake an identity search of appropriate databases. We are also required to ask that you provide us with documentation to establish the source of funds for the transaction whether they come from you directly or a third party e.g. such as a family member. Further details of these requirements will be provided to you at the outset of the matter.
• We do not accept cash payments over £50.00. All payments should be made by bank transfer.
Cyber- Crime Alert:
• Please be aware that there is a constant risk posed by cyber fraud, specifically affecting email accounts and bank account details:-
PLEASE NOTE THAT FRANK & CO DO NOT NOTIFY CHANGES TO IMPORTANT BUSINESS INFORMATION SUCH AS BANK DETAILS BY EMAIL.
Please check account details with us in person if you are in any doubt. We will not accept liability if you transfer money into an incorrect account.
• Visitors to this website must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing, bugs/viruses and other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
• Visitors to this website must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site or the server on which it is stored.
Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS).
Both partners of Frank & Co. are accredited members of The Law Society's Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS).