Frank & Co (Revised 2019).
- Each transaction is
unique and tailored to your particular requirements and we will provide
you with a quote for your particular legal issue at the outset of a new
matter. Therefore, the information provided here is meant to provide
and should be considered as a general guide for our costs only.
What will this cost?
- In cases of debt recovery up to £100,000.00 where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed we would charge a fixed fee. For example, taking initial instructions and writing a one off letter our fee would be in the region of £250-500.00 plus vat depending upon the amount of time spent dealing with the matter.
- If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs, which could be on a fixed fee for dealing with the disputed claim, or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed. Our hourly rate is £275.00 plus vat.
Our fee includes:
• Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation.
• Undertaking appropriate searches.
• Sending a letter before action.
• Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim.
• Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default.
• When Judgement in default in received, write to the other side to request payment.
• If payment is not received, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs.
What are Disbursements?
are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties. We will go through all expected
disbursements with you at the outset and keep you advised
as the matter proceeds.
- A court fee would a have to be paid to proceed with any court action. The court fee is in addition to our fees. The amount of the court fee depends on the debt value. Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost. Information on the amount of court fees can be found by looking at https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/court-fees.
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
• The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
• A separate fee would be charged for dealing with an enforcement action, such as the bailiff needed to collect your debt.
How long will this take?
It is extremely difficult to give a time estimate as to how long a matter may take as this will depend on many factors such as if the matter is contested or not and in addition whether enforcement action is needed and we keep our clients fully advised at every stage of the proceedings.